Auntie Septic Essential Oil Blend – 15 ml Cloud 9
Auntie Septic is a blend of pure essential oils specifically chosen for their well-researched and documented properties. This blend is truly a work horse and although it is meant for cleaning and disinfecting, it is a much safer alternative to the chemical-based products you will find at most stores.
It has hints of lemon and very strong herbal notes.
Oils in this blend are: Lemon eucalyptus, Lemon myrtle, Lavender, Clove, Thyme, Rosemary, Oregano, Sage, Palmarosa
Using chemical cleaners can be dangerous for you and the environment. Not only do these products use harmful chemicals, but they also usually focus on 1 or 2 antibacterial compounds – which many bacteria eventually become resistant to. Natural, plant-based antibacterial agents are safer, more environmentally friendly, and contain a more complex mixture of antibacterial agents that is more difficult for bacteria to become resistant to.
How to use Auntie Septic essential oil blend:
- add a few drops to your laundry detergent, dish soap, etc.
- Make a cleaning spray
- spring and fall cleaning
- campers and trailers
- molds and mildew, showers, window sills
- bathrooms, kitchen counters
- pantries, shelves
- work areas
- after cold and flu
- kids toys
How to Make a Natural Antiseptic Spray for Counters, Washrooms, Hands, etc.
- 1 tsp (5mL) Auntie Septic Essential oil blend
- 1 tbsp vodka or isopropyl alcohol (dries quicker) OR 1 tsp unscented soap
- 1 cup water
Mix essential oil with liquid soap / alcohol. Add water. Stir or shake until well blended. Pour into spray bottle(s). You may choose to leave out the soap or alcohol, however the oil will settle at the top and the product will be to be shaken well before each use.
- You can also add Auntie Septic essential oil blend to liquid soaps to make a natural antibacterial soap.
- You can add other essential oils to tweak the scent to your liking
- Use antibacterial, antiviral, and antiseptic products only during cold and flu season when the risk of infection is high.
Cautions: Because it is a blend of pure essential oils and possible skin irritant, you should always dilute first.
- Chemical composition and antimicrobial activity of Rosmarinus officinalis L. oils from Sardinia and Corsica G Pintore, M Usai, P Bradesi, C Juliano… – Flavour and …, 2002 – Wiley Online Library
- Antifungal activities of Origanum vulgare subsp. hirtum, Mentha spicata, Lavandula angustifolia, and Salvia fruticosa essential oils against human pathogenic fungi K Adam, A Sivropoulou, S Kokkini… – Journal of Agricultural …, 1998 – ACS Publications
- Antimicrobial activity of the essential oils of Thymus vulgaris L. measured using a bioimpedometric method M Marino, C Bersani, G Comi – Journal of Food Protection®, 1999 – ingentaconnect.com
- Antifungal activity of the volatile oil of Eucalyptus citriodora H Ramezani, HP Singh, DR Batish, RK Kohli – Fitoterapia, 2002 – Elsevier
- Fumigant activity of plant essential oils and components from garlic (Allium sativum) and clove bud (Eugenia caryophyllata) oils against the Japanese termite ( …ILK Park, SC Shin – Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 2005 – ACS Publications
- Extraction and antimicrobial properties of different medicinal plants: Ocimum sanctum (Tulsi), Eugenia caryophyllata (Clove), Achyranthes bidentata (Datiwan) … B Joshi, GP Sah, BB Basnet, MR Bhatt… – J Microbiol …, 2011 – academicjournals.org
- Inhibitory parameters of essential oils to reduce a food borne pathogen MR Moreira, AG Ponce, CE Del Valle… – LWT-Food Science and …, 2005 – Elsevier
- Antioxidant activities of polyphenols from sage (Salvia officinalis) Y Lu, LY Foo – Food chemistry, 2001 – Elsevier
- Antimicrobial action of palmarosa oil (Cymbopogon martinii) on Saccharomyces cerevisiae A Prashar, P Hili, RG Veness, CS Evans – Phytochemistry, 2003 – Elsevier
- Antibacterial activity of the essential oils of Salvia officinalis L. and Salvia triloba L. cultivated in South Brazil APL Delamare, IT Moschen-Pistorello, L Artico… – Food chemistry, 2007 – Elsevier
Essential Oils I Aromatherapy | Health Food Stores Edmonton | Natural Food Stores Edmonton | Supplement Stores Edmonton | Health Supplement Stores Edmonton | Best Supplement Stores Edmonton | Aromatherapy Stores Edmonton | Vitamin Stores Edmonton | Herbal Stores Edmonton | Natural Body Care Edmonton