Cajeput Essential Oil – 10 ml – Karooch – Alypsis Pure Essential Oils
Cajeput (kayu-puti), which means “white wood” in Indonesian, an evergreen with white spongy bark and a crooked trunk. Cajeput is closely related to the Niaouli, Tea Tree and Eucalyptus trees. With a reputation of being a medicinal oil in the East, it is used to to treat an array of conditions, such as sore muscles, stiff aching joints, sinus infections, colds/flu and head lice, and repelling insects and fleas.
Blends With: Angelica, bergamot, Birch, Cardamom, Clove, Geranium, Immortelle, Lavender, Myrtle, Niaouli, Nutmeg, Rose, Rosewood, Thyme
Aromatherapy Grade Essential Oils—Pure and Natural
Scientific Name: Melaleuca cajeputi
Country of Origin: Australia
Synonyms: M. minor, cajuput, white tea tree, white wood, swamp tea tree, punk tree, paperbark tree.
Plant Family: Myrtaceae
Plant Parts Used: Tree/ leaves and twigs
Extraction Method: Distillation
Physical Characteristics: Pale yellowy-green mobile liquid.
Dominant Note(s): Top
Aroma: Sweet, herbaceous and rather penetrating
Main Constituents: Cineol (14-65% depending on the source) terpineol, terpinyl acetate, pinene, nerolidol and other traces.
Safety Precautions: Non-toxic, non-sensitizing. May irritate the skin in high concentrations.
Because of its healing properties, one can make use of cajeput oil for a variety of purposes. Suggested use:
- Respiratory Distress – There can be many conditions in which the person suffers from respiratory discomfort. It can be a cold, cough, flu, any infection like pneumonia, bronchitis or chronic conditions like sleep apnea or COPD. In these conditions, one can use cajeput oil to get relief from the chest and nasal congestion. It also helps in getting rid of the mucus, so that provides much more relief. It can be used easily by putting a few drops in the vaporizer. This distributes its aroma in the environment. It exerts a calming effect on the nasal passage. The air feels cooler and stuffy nose is unblocked. This treatment may also be helpful in asthma as the oil is an antispasmodic. However, it may not help everyone with asthma. Since it is also an irritant, it may even worsen asthma in some people, or worse still, it may even trigger an asthma attack. So, one should use this effect only under the supervision of a trained professional.
- Calm down a Fever – If there is a fever, one can use cajeput oil to get some relief. One can take a bucket of water and add about 20 drops of cajeput oil. Now, soak cotton cloths in this water and apply it on the skin of the person. It exerts a cooling effect which takes away the fever. However, do not use this if the person is suffering from chills.
- Pain Relief – One of the greatest applications of cajeput oil is to provide relief from pain. It can be used for various kinds of pain, like that from an injury, arthritis, gout, back pain and even nervous issues like sciatica, neuralgia and neuritis. One can add 5 drops of cajeput oil to a base oil like olive oil or castor oil and massage it at the location of pain. It can also alleviate headaches but one should take extreme care to keep it away from the eyes. It has a warming and numbing effect on the area and therefore the sensation of pain is dulled for some time. Since it is anti-inflammatory, regular use of cajeput oil remedy can provide lasting relief from pain.
- As an Antiseptic- Add a few drops to clean water and use it to wash wounds, cuts, scrapes and burns. This prevents the chances of infection at the site.
- Oily Skin- Cajeput oil is a strong astringent. One can add a few drops in water, or witch hazel and apply it on the face using cotton balls. It takes away excess oil and can be used to take away the excess oily gloss on the face.
- Toothache Relief – It has an effect similar to clove oil in relieving a toothache. Take a few drops of cajeput oil on a cotton ball. Place this cotton ball in between the teeth that is paining. This provides very fast relief from toothache and lasts for a few hours. It also disinfects the tooth and kills many germs in the mouth.
- Sinusitis – Cajeput oil is helpful in sinusitis and general sinus congestion. The best way to use cajeput oil in this condition is to prepare a steam. When the water is boiling, add about 20 drops of cajeput oil. Inhale the steam from this essential oil. It eliminates sinus congestion and therefore the headache and heaviness associated with it is also alleviated.
- Muscle Cramps -One can get relief from any kind of cramps by using cajeput oil. This time, cajeput oil is added to a warm water bath. Prepare some bathwater. Add about 1 cup of salt, or epsom salt to it. Then add about 20 drops of cajeput oil and lavender essential oil. Sit in this bath and gently massage the muscles that are sore and painful. It provides great relief with single application.
Find out more about the Properties and the Uses of Essential Oils – We recommend the following books:
~Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils by Julia Lawless
~The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood
~The Aromatherapy Bible: The Definitive Guide to Using Essential Oils by Gill Farrer-Halls
Why buy Karooch Essential Oils?
~Karooch is a Canadian company! Essential oils are obtained from worldwide sources, in bulk quantities, then bottles thereby cutting out middlemen. Oils are not boxed to avoid extra packaging costs. If our prices seem more than reasonable this is the reason.
~Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils – Pure absolutely none of the oils are diluted or manipulated. Karooch keeps gas chromatography (GC) reports and Oil testing links quality of the oils to batch numbers.
~Karooch’s Organic Essential oils has been granted Certified Organic status through PROCERT and are compliant with USDA organic standards.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
> 10 ml is standard size. Oils are also available in the following sizes: 5 ml, 10 ml, 30 ml, 50 ml, 100 ml, 250 ml, 500 ml.
Polar Bear Health & Water, 9342-118 Avenue NW, Edmonton, Alberta, accepts special orders… oils we don’t normally stock or in special quantities.
If you would like a quote for product, email your list to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Disclaimer: Information within this site is for educational purposes only. Statements about the product efficacy have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, or Health Canada. The products mentioned within are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. As always, please consult your Medical Doctor for any medical advice or treatment.
Essential Oils | Aromatherapy | Health Food Stores Edmonton | Natural Food Stores Edmonton | Supplement Stores Edmonton | Health Supplement Stores Edmonton | Best Supplement Stores Edmonton | Aromatherapy Stores Edmonton | Vitamin Stores Edmonton | Herbal Stores Edmonton | Natural Body Care Edmonton