Castor Oil Organic – 500 ml – Naka Platinum
Naka’s Castor Oil is pressed from fresh Certified Organic Castor beans. Hexane-free. Moisturizes, Softens & Nourishes skin, hair and nails. Expeller pressed & UV protected in Glass bottles.
Perfect for Health-Promoting Packs
Ancient Healing Modern Results
Castor Oil has been used in many cultures around the world for over 3,000 years. In old herbal texts, it is called the “Palma Christi”, Latin for the palm of Christ and has many healing properties. Doctors at the former A.R.E. Clinic, under the guidance of Dr. William McGarey, used castor oil for virtually every aspect of health.
Ingredients: Pure, Cold Pressed Ricinus Communis ( Castor) Oil. 100% pure certified organic. Certified – indicates that this product has been periodically tested by an independent laboratory which has found it to be free of the most common pesticide residues down to a detection level of 1 ppm.
This oil is Expeller pressed from fresh certified organic castor beans. It is cold pressed castor oil, using expeller pressing—a mechanical, non-chemical method of extracting oil from the nuts—to extract the oil in a heat controlled (under 120 degrees Fahrenheit) environment.
Expeller Pressing Process
The expeller process uses a press to physically squeeze the oil out of the seed/nut, rather than using chemicals. With this method, no solvents are used in the process, and therefore, the oil doesn’t have a chance of having any hexane residue left over. An expeller press is a screw-type machine which presses oil through a caged barrel-like-cavity using continuous pressure. The machine drives forward to squeeze the oil from the compressed/ground seeds/nuts. In this process, there is no added heat, but the pressure and friction involved may create natural heat in the range of 140° – 210°. Because of that, this process is technically not “cold pressed”.
Cold Pressing Process
Cold press process uses a press, and is produced below 122°. Cold pressing usually involves a low-resistance expeller press that is done at a very slow rate. This allows the process to avoid friction, and stay cooler. Cold pressing process typically removes the least amount of the oil from the seed, making it the least efficient and more expensive for its process.
CASTOR OIL PACK (COTTON OR WOOL FLANNEL)
- Make a pack of appropriate size and saturate with castor oil. (Oil may be preheated or used with heating pad or hot water bottle. Do not use heat if infection or fever is present or suspected).
- Position pack over affected area and cover with a piece of plastic and heating pad if desired. A towel may be used to help protect bedding.
- Allow pack to remain for an hour or more. Avoid falling asleep with heating pad turned on, or use a hot water bottle.
- After pack is removed, cleanse skin with a solution of baking soda in water (1 teaspoonful to a pint)
- Store pack in plastic bag or other container in a cool dry place when not in use.
- Use pack daily or in a regular cycle (ex. 2 – 3 consecutive days a week) until results are obtained.
Castor Oil I Heritage Store I Beauty & Hair | Health Food Stores Edmonton | Natural Food Stores Edmonton | Supplement Stores Edmonton | Health Supplement Stores Edmonton | Best Supplement Stores Edmonton | Aromatherapy Stores Edmonton | Vitamin Stores Edmonton | Herbal Stores Edmonton | Natural Body Care Edmonton