Smudging Feather Fan – Turkey & Peacock with Crystal FTFB
Smudging Feather Fans are commonly used for traditional cleansing rituals to waft smoke. Since antiquity feathers from various birds have been used for decorative purposes, rituals and ceremonies.
Using the feather, spread the smoke all around yourself first, then over what it is you are cleansing. Next, walk about the area, person or object, fanning the smoke. This clears negativity, focuses and purifies that which is being cleansed. Quick short movements with the feather breaks up blocked or stagnant energy, long flowing movements smooth out energy, creating a calm, balanced and harmonious energy flow. Perfect when used with sweet grass and sage.
Size: Aprox 33-35 cm – being of natural and hand made – sizes may vary.
DESCRIPTION: three naturally beautiful brown turkey feathers are accented with 2 peacock feathers. The base of the feather is wrapped in leather adorned with a quartz point attached with a copper wire wrap.
SYMBOL: Since antiquity feathers from various birds have been used for decorative purposes, rituals and ceremonies. Feathers are believed to contain the spirit and powers of the bird they came from and these attributes can be called upon to aid the user.
Smudgers can also be used for rituals and ceremonies.Smudging feathers can be used with any smudge including Sage, Cedar and Sweetgrass to purify your home, objects or people.
What is Smudging? Smudging is a method of burning herbs to produce a smoke cloud which is used in various cleansing or prayer ceremonies and purification or healing rituals. the smoke may be fanned over the person by either using the hand, feathers or a fan.
Smudging is the ritual cleansing of the mind, body and spirit.
HOW DO I SMUDGE?
When smudging, put the material of your choice in a shell, clay pot or other non burnable container, Light it, allowing it to burn for a few moments. Fan out the flames: it is the smoke of the smouldering herbs or incense you want.
Using the feather, spread the smoke all around yourself first, then over what it is you are cleansing. Next, walk about the area, person or object you are smudging, fanning the smoke. This clears negativity, cleanses, focuses and purifies that which is being smudged.
Quick short movements with the feather breaks up blocked or stagnant energy, long flowing movements smooth out energy, creating a calm, balanced and harmonious energy flow.
To do a blessing of a person, begin by looking into their eyes for a moment to ‘greet’ them, fan the smoke first at their heart and then clockwise around the body; head to toe and front to back. For objects, bless them moving clockwise around them as well. Crystals and tools for healing can also be cleansed by smudging. When smudging a room, make sure you get the smoke up into the corners and open doors or windows to let energy escape if the area feels heavy or there has been sickness.
Once you feel the smudging is complete, wait for a day or two. If you feel you need to smudge more, perform your ceremony again. You may then want to smudge with sweetgrass. A general rule of thumb is sage is for clearing and healing, sweetgrass is for attracting new energy.
USES OF POPULAR HERBS & INCENSE
- Sage: Used to bless, cleanse and heal the person or object being smudged. Used to “wash off” the outside world when one enters ceremony or a sacred space.
- Cedar: A medicine of protection, often used to cleanse a new home and protect from unwanted spirits or influences.
- Sweetgrass: For attracting new energy. Its sweet, vanilla-like scent is used to sustain the effects of smudging.
- Frankincense: Considered to cleanse and protect the soul, it was one used to embalm the bodies of Egyptian Pharaohs and also said to ease depression.
- Myrrh: Said to clear the path to truth and help maintain a state of enlightenment. It also connects one to the spirit of youth.
- Lavender: Used for the invitation of spirits. It is also thought to be a safeguard against evil.
- San Paulo: Similar to Sage and Cedar. It is spiritual purifying, energy cleansing and healing. Uses include inspiring creativity, evoking protection, infusing blessings and bringing both love and good fortune.
Smudge l Candles & Incense | Health Food Stores Edmonton | Natural Food Stores Edmonton | Supplement Stores Edmonton | Health Supplement Stores Edmonton | Best Supplement Stores Edmonton | Aromatherapy Stores Edmonton | Vitamin Stores Edmonton | Herbal Stores Edmonton | Natural Body Care Edmonton
There are no reviews yet.