Wedderspoon Monofloral Manuka Honey K Factor 16 – 500gm
Manuka Honey, the original functional food. Unpasteurised, raw and delicious, this Non-GMO Project Verified superfood is sourced exclusively from New Zealand and is a multitasking superfood. Every jar is sourced, packed and sealed in New Zealand for the ultimate in quality and transparency. KFactor 16 Monofloral Manuka Honey is guaranteed to meet or exceed the Monofloral Manuka Standard from the New Zealand Government.100% Raw Premium Manuka Honey Kfactor 16 500g/17.6oz
KFactor 16 indicates that 75% of the pollen is guaranteed to contain pollen grains that are specific to the Manuka flower.
Packaged in BPA free non-leaching poly jar.
(500g/17.6oz) Ingredients: 100% Raw, Unpasteurised Manuka Honey. Product of New Zealand.
At Wedderspoon, we measure concentrations of pollen count. KFactor 16 guarantees higher than 75% manuka pollen count.
Honey is packed with pollen, royal jelly, beeswax, and propolis.
MANUKA HONEY – A true gem of New Zealand, this magical and mysterious honey is known around the world for its charismatic flavor profile. Over a period of six weeks, New Zealand honey bees are hard at work producing tons of honey consumed globally every year.
Manuka honey is hazelnut in colour falling into the Dark Amber category on the Pfund colour grading system. Smelling Manuka for the first time you will quickly discover the subtle notes of fresh rain, and caramelized sugar — New Zealand in a jar. The flavor is equally impressive; as the honey crystals dissolve on your tongue. Your taste buds will come alive as they recognize earthy notes and caramelized sugars with hints of pepper and ginger.
In addition to the bold flavor profile; world renowned Manuka honey has naturally occurring live enzymes and is taken daily by many consumers including nutritionists and athletes. Wedderspoon Manuka is raw, Non-GMO verified and every jar is sourced, packed and sealed in New Zealand for the ultimate in authentic quality.
What is it?
Manuka honey is made by bees that feed on the flowers of the manuka bush, also known as the tea tree, in New Zealand. In Australia, the tree used to make manuka honey is called the jellybush. The honey is distinctively flavoured, darker and richer than other honey.
In recent tests conducted at Sydney University’s School of Molecular and Microbial Biosciences, manuka honey killed every type of bacteria, including antibiotic-resistant “superbugs”. The University of Waikato in New Zealand has formed the Waikato Honey Research Unit to study the composition of honey and its antimicrobial activity.
The curative properties of honey have been known to indigenous cultures for thousands of years, and dressing wounds with honey was common before the advent of antibiotics. New Zealand’s Maori were the first to identify the healing properties of manuka and some of their remedies and tonics are still used today.
The finest-quality manuka honey, with the most potent antimicrobial properties, is produced from hives in wild, uncultivated areas. Since 2004, Britain’s National Health Service has licensed the use of manuka honey wound dressings and sterilised medical-grade manuka honey creams.
- Manuka honey has an antibacterial component that sets it apart from other honeys. This activity is stable and doesn’t lose its potency when exposed to dilution, heat or light.
- Manuka honey has been found to be effective against a range of bacteria including Helicobacter pylori (which causes most stomach ulcers); Escherichia coli (the most common cause of infected wounds) and Streptococcus pyogenes (which causes sore throats).
- Manuka honey is antimicrobial and antiviral. It is also an antioxidant that can help to increase vitality and immunity.
- Trials have indicated that manuka honey can heal wounds and skin ulcers that haven’t responded to standard treatments.
How to use it
- Manuka honey can be applied topically to the skin as a balm for skin infections, bites and cuts.
- Take a spoonful orally to help soothe the throat and digestive tract.
- Eat is as you would any other honey product to maintain general health.
For more information on Manuka Honey, consult books, or the internet.
Manuka Honey I Herbs & Spices & Tea | Nutritional Supplements | Health Food Stores Edmonton | Natural Food Stores Edmonton | Supplement Stores Edmonton | Health Supplement Stores Edmonton | Best Supplement Stores Edmonton | Aromatherapy Stores Edmonton | Vitamin Stores Edmonton | Herbal Stores Edmonton | Natural Body Care Edmonton