Benzoin Resin Essential Oil – 10 ml – Karooch – Alypsis Pure Essential Oils
Benzoin or benjamin is a balsamic resin obtained from the bark of several species of trees in the genus Styrax. It is used in perfumes, some kinds of incense, as a flavoring, and medicine. Benzoin Resin, has many uses for your health and well being.
Aromatherapy Grade Essential Oils—Pure and Natural.
Blends With: Bergamot, Coriander, Cypress, Frankincense, Juniper, Lavender, Lemon, Myrrh, Orange, Petitgrain, Rose, Sandalwood.
Benzoin Resin, Sumatra, Styrax benzoin
Scientific Name: Styrax benzoin
Country of Origin: Sumatra
Synonyms: Gum bezoin, gum benjamin, styrax benzoin
Plant Family: Styraceac
Plant Parts Used: Tree/Gum from trunk
Extraction Method: Solvent
Physical Characteristics: Benzoin resinoid is produced from both Siam and Sumatra types, It is an orange-brown viscous mass with an intensely rich sweet-balsamic vanilla like scent.
Dominant Note(s): Base
Aroma: Sweet like vanilla
1. Sumatra Benzoin: mainly coniferyl cinnamate and sumaresinolic acid, with benzoic acid, cinnamic acid and traces of styrene, vanillin and benzaldehyde.
2. Siam benzoin; mainly coniferayl benzoate (65-75%) with benzoic acid, vanillin, siaresinolic acid and cinnamyl benzoate.
Safety Precautions: Non-toxic, non-irritant, possible sensitization. Compound benzoin tincture is ‘regarded as moderately toxic due to occasional contact dermatitis in sensitive individuals.
- Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, benzoin oil is a superstar at pain relief. Apply topically to swollen joints or stiff muscles for relief. Try using benzoin essential oil in massage for a deeper, more effective way of relieving pain. Add in a few drops of frankincense essential oil for added benefits.
- If you suffer from acute or chronic nasal and/or chest congestion, you can add a few drops of benzoin essential oil and one of eucalyptus essential oil to a bowl of steaming water and hold your face over it, inhaling the fragrant and decongesting aromas. Use a towel over your head to create a steam tent, and inhale the vapors for about five minutes for maximum effectiveness.
- Benzoin Enhanced Chest Rub – Mix 10 ml almond oil with 8 drops of benzoin essential oil, and 2 drops of eucalyptus essential oil. Rub it on your chest and neck before putting on your pajamas at bedtime.
- Do you suffer from psoriasis on your scalp? Get rid of itchy, scaly patches that cause embarrassing skin flakes by adding five drops of benzoin essential oil to baby shampoo (or a similar mild shampoo) and shake well prior to each use.
- Benzoin essential oil is antiseptic: it’s germicidal, bactericidal, fungicidal, and antiviral. A balm made with benzoin essential oil is ideal to have on hand for scratches, burns, skin ulcers, and other wounds. Try this combination to help heal injured skin: Ingredients: 10 ml almond oil 6 drops benzoin essential oil 2 drops lavender essential oil.
- While diluted tincture of benzoin makes an ideal astringent toner, benzoin essential oil can help reduce the appearance of dark spots associated with premature aging and sun exposure. It encourages renewal of the skin and assists in repairing damage. Combine the following, and apply it to the skin daily: 10 ml almond oil, 4 drops lemon essential oil, 4 drops benzoin essential oil.
- Just when you thought benzoin essential oil couldn’t be any better, here’s one more use for it. Benzoin essential oil can also be used to relieve stiffness, aches, and inflammation and to improve circulation. For this reason, it’s an excellent choice to include in massage oil. Here’s a recipe you can make for yourself, for a partner, or for professional massage clients: Ingredients: 2 drops rose essential oil, 2 drops benzoin essential oil, 3 drops frankincense essential oil, 5 drops bergamot essential oil, 30 ml grapeseed oil. Be sure to massage the oil into your feet, where it can soothe tired fascia and repair cracks in your heels too. This essential oil does it all.
Find out more about the Properties and the Uses of Essential Oils – We recommend the following books:
~Illustrated Encyclopedia of Essential Oils by Julia Lawless
~The Complete Book of Essential Oils and Aromatherapy by Valerie Ann Worwood
~The Aromatherapy Bible: The Definitive Guide to Using Essential Oils by Gill Farrer-Halls
Why buy Karooch Essential Oils?
~Karooch is a Canadian company! Essential oils are obtained from worldwide sources, in bulk quantities, then bottles thereby cutting out middlemen. Oils are not boxed to avoid extra packaging costs. If our prices seem more than reasonable this is the reason.
~Therapeutic Grade Essential Oils – Pure absolutely none of the oils are diluted or manipulated. Karooch keeps gas chromatography (GC) reports and Oil testing links quality of the oils to batch numbers.
~Karooch’s Organic Essential oils has been granted Certified Organic status through PROCERT and are compliant with USDA organic standards.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
> 10 ml is standard size. Oils are also available in the following sizes: 5 ml, 10 ml, 30 ml, 50 ml, 100 ml, 250 ml, 500 ml.
Polar Bear Health & Water, 9342-118 Avenue NW, Edmonton, Alberta, accepts special orders… oils we don’t normally stock or in special quantities.
If you would like a quote for product, email your list to: email@example.com
Disclaimer: Information within this site is for educational purposes only. Statements about the product efficacy have not been evaluated by the U.S. Food & Drug Administration, or Health Canada. The products mentioned within are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease. As always, please consult your Medical Doctor for any medical advice or treatment.
Essential Oils | Aromatherapy | Health Food Stores Edmonton | Natural Food Stores Edmonton | Supplement Stores Edmonton | Health Supplement Stores Edmonton | Best Supplement Stores Edmonton | Aromatherapy Stores Edmonton | Vitamin Stores Edmonton | Herbal Stores Edmonton | Natural Body Care Edmonton