Epsom Salt (Magnesium Sulfate) USP 400 gm
Epsom Salt is not actually a salt, but a naturally-occurring pure mineral compound of Magnesium and Sulfate. These two minerals are readily absorbed through the skin, making it a perfect natural remedy for healthcare and beauty uses. This salt comes in a colorless crystal form, and has a saline bitter taste. It has the benefits to ease stress, relax the body, relieve pain and used to flush toxins out of the body.
Epsom Salt can be used for health, beauty and household purposes. Some common practices include a warm bath, a foot bath, mixing it with cleansing creams, or detergents for cleaning.
- Internal use: Laxative – Dissolve 1 tsp in a glass of water before meals or on retiring. ** Addition of orange or lemon juice makes dose more pleasant to swallow.
- You can gargle with it… Because of its antioxidant properties, Epsom salt can be used as a mouthwash. Add 2 tablespoons of Epsom salt to a cup of lukewarm water. Gargle for 5-10 minutes.
- Bath, add 2 cups of Epsom Salt to warm water and let soak for at least 12 minutes. To enjoy a foot bath, only 1/2 cup is required.
- Facial Cleansers: add 1/2 teaspoon of the Epsom Salt to your regular facial cleansers and gently massage into skin.
- Insect bites, minor sprains and bruises, dissolve 1/2 cup of Epsom salt in 1 litre of water and apply as a wet dressing.
- Sore Feet: dissolve 1 cup of Epsom salt in 4 litres of water and soak.
Can you eat magnesium sulfate? Epsom salt is generally safe, there are a few negative effects that can occur if you use it incorrectly. This is only a concern when you take it by mouth. First of all, the magnesium sulfate can have a laxative effect. Consuming it may result in diarrhea, bloating, or upset stomach.
- Store it in a cool, dry location, between 20°C and 43°C. When stored under these conditions, the shelf life should approximately be 1 year.
- Please note: This product should not be used by persons with kidney ailments. Do not use when experiencing abdominal pain, nausea or vomiting. Frequent use may cause constipation.
- Gluten Free – Kosher.
- Product of USA – Magnesium Sulfate USP – meets U.S. Food and Drug Administration standards.
For more information, consult books, or the internet.